What to Expect when you are expecting a Costa plant delivery:
What should I do when the package arrives?
- When the box arrives make sure the arrow on the box is pointing up. There may be some spilled soil. Take the box to a place where making a little mess won’t be an issue.
What is the best way to open the box?
- Gently slice the tape with scissors where the two flaps meet on the side of the box.
- Once cut, open the panels of the box, and see the plant for the first time.
- Slide out the carboard-covered pot containing the plant. Using your scissors slice through the tape holding the cardboard flaps in place. Open the cardboard flaps and remove the pot/pots containing the plant.
What is inside of this brown paper sleeve?
- If you ordered a decorative pot, you will see it outside of the brown paper. Inside the decorative pot may be a grow pot. If present, lift the grow pot and plant out from the decorative pot by gently tugging upward on the paper.
- Using your scissors remove the plastic wrap covering the grow pot and soil. Then remove the bamboo rod that held your plant in place in shipping.
- Place the plant and grow pot back into the decorative pot (if present). It is best for watering purposes to maintain the two-pot combination.
- Please recycle the cardboard waste and compost the bamboo stick.
If your plant or pot has any issues, please contact email@example.com immediately so we can get you taken care of.